The partner institutions of the European Summer School on Cold War History are jointly convening the 9th edition of the School in the SciencesPo Campus of Reims, in northeast France, on 7-9 September 2016. Deadline: 30 April 2017.
For the Application Guidance, click HERE
The Summer School is a unique conference specifically designed for PhD students and early career researchers to discuss the history of the Cold War.
The School consists of workshops and panel sessions focused on submitted research papers, debates on historiographical and methodology, as well as practical sessions on publishing and academic careers. The school offers an informal atmosphere in which new ideas and research directions can be shared and debated, be it in panel sessions, or over coffee and meals.
The school has a very high student to faculty ratio (2:1) allowing participants to have in depth discussions about their research with established scholars in the field. The faculty includes prominent scholars, among others:
- Mario Del Pero (Sciences Po, Paris)
- Michele Di Donato (SciencesPo, Paris)
- Tanya Harmer (LSE)
- Eirini Karamouzi (University of Sheffield)
- Sara Lorenzini (Università di Trento)
- Piers Ludlow (LSE)
- David Milne (University of East Anglia)
Kaeten Mistry (University of East Anglia)
- Leopoldo Nuti (Università Roma Tre)
- Silvio Pons (Università di Roma Tor Vergata)
- Svetozar Rajak (LSE)
- Oliver Rathkolb (Universität Wien)
- Federico Romero (EUI)
- Antonio Varsori (Università di Padova)
- Vladislav Zubok (LSE)