TSA Conference Announcement:
Transatlantic Studies Association
16th Annual Conference
University College Cork, Ireland
10-12 July 2017
Call for Papers
The TSA is a broad network of scholars who use the ‘transatlantic’ as a frame of reference for their work in political, economic, cultural, historical, environmental, literary, and IR/security studies. All transatlantic-themed paper and panel proposals from these and related disciplines are welcome.
This conference thus welcomes papers in the following areas:
- International Relations and Security Studies
- Literature, Film and Culture
- Planning and the Environment
- Proposals that investigate the ‘transatlantic’ and explore it through frames of reference such as ideology, empire, race, religion, migration, political mobilisation, or social movements
- Proposals that incorporate perspectives that involve north-south and south-south transatlantic connections, as well as north-north
Both panel proposals and individual papers are welcome. Panel proposals are encouraged to include a discussant. New members and junior scholars are especially welcome.
Please send individual paper proposals (a 300 word abstract + brief CV) and complete panel proposals (300 word overview + 300 word abstracts for the papers + brief CVs) to the conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for panel and paper proposals: 3 February 2017. We aim to make a decision on your proposal within three weeks.
For further information or enquiries please contact the following:
Chair of TSA / Local Organiser: Professor David Ryan: David.Ryan@ucc.ie